You may have noticed that I haven’t posted anything for the past two months. Yes, I know this makes me a bad blogger. And yes, I plan on making loads of excuses for it! I decided that while I may complain about things on my blog that I wouldn’t actually become the dreaded “whiner”. And since things have been a bit tough around here lately, and I haven’t been in the best of spirits, I have avoided posting. But I’ve put my big girl panties back on and logged in.
So, here’s what I learned while I was away:
- 1.) Being an awesome woman, and TRUE quilter makes you unstoppable. My mom actually manages to piece quilt tops and table toppers the day after chemo. She’s amazing.
- 2.) Having your husband be unemployed has its perks. Seriously, does your husband get up with the kids in the morning and let you sleep in? Every single day?
- 3.) A true friend will bring you a cookie dough shake just because your status on Facebook said you were having a bad day.
- 4.) Sometimes you can actually guess what is wrong with your washing machine and figure out how to fix it yourself just by looking at a few message boards. Who says you can’t learn anything from Yahoo! Answers?
- 5.) When your cheap sewing machine dies (for the second time) and everyone you know swears it should have lasted, you can take comfort in the fact that you were simply too awesome for it.